Heat (wave and otherwise)
ニューヨークではこの一週間、35℃、37℃の日々が続いています。湿度も50%や75%なので頭の中が多少もやもやです。
この夏からの場面を紹介します。暑さに負けるまい!
New York has been hit with 95- to 100-degree temperatures this past week. With humidity at 50 to 75%, I'm feeling a bit fuzzy-brained.
I'm going to share a few scenes from this summer. Let's beat the heat!
この夏からの場面を紹介します。暑さに負けるまい!
New York has been hit with 95- to 100-degree temperatures this past week. With humidity at 50 to 75%, I'm feeling a bit fuzzy-brained.
I'm going to share a few scenes from this summer. Let's beat the heat!
![]() |
| ハイラインへ上がる直前。 Right before going up to the High Line. |
![]() |
| ブルックリン橋から。マンハッタンからブルックリンへ南に歩きました。 From the Brooklyn Bridge, walking south from Manhattan to Brooklyn. |
![]() |
| NY州、イサカのカユーガ湖。両親と一緒に弟に会いに行きました。賢はこの夏、コーネルの研究所で働いています。 Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, New York State. My parents and I visited my brother, who is working in a research lab at Cornell for the summer. |
![]() |
| 親友ビリーとロング・アイランドのJones Beachに行った時。 From my trip to Jones Beach, Long Island with my good friend Billie. |
![]() |
| 家の近くのブルックリンのアパート。色合いが好きでした。 A Brooklyn brownstone near my apartment. I liked the color combination here. |
![]() |
| 会社の近くのレストラン・ウィンドー。これも色合いが最高! A restaurant window near my office. This color combination is also incredible! |
![]() |
| チェルシー区のアパート。 An apartment in Chelsea. |
![]() |
| 夕暮れ、チェルシー区の避難階段。 A Chelsea fire escape at dusk. |
暑さにかかわらず、日曜日には一週間分のお料理をするように心掛けています。
- 先々週:タイ風グリーンカレー
- 先週:カレーライス
- 今日:炊飯器で作る鶏肉とご飯
経験はほぼゼロですが、週末にお料理をすると時間の余裕があって、心にも余裕ができます。「お料理って楽しいものなんだ!」先週のカレーライスを作るためにはストーブをもちろん使ったのでキッチンが暑くなってしまいましたが、今日の一品はすべて炊飯器のおかげ。暑さを最小限に絞られました。
今晩、バッハの晩課を65丁目のHoly Trinity Lutheran Churchで聞きに行きます。会社の友達が紹介してくれました。とても楽しみです。
では皆さん、お元気で!また来週。
Despite the heat, I've been cooking a week's worth of meals on my Sundays.
- 2 weeks ago: Thai green curry
- Last week: Japanese style curry
- Today: Rice cooker ginger chicken and rice
Though I have nearly no experience cooking, cooking on the weekend allows for some cushion time, so I don't feel rushed. I've been having fun! I obviously had to use a stove for last week's curry, which brought the temperature up in our kitchen, but my rice cooker came to the rescue today, and I was able to keep the heat to a minimum.
This evening, I'll be heading to the Holy Trinity Lutheran Church on W. 65th Street for some Bach Vespers. My friend from work introduced me to this, and I'm really looking forward to it.
Have a splendid week, everyone!









夏はカレーだね!
ReplyDeleteターメリックが、肝臓を元気にしてくれるよ。
パスタや、うどん、そばにもぴったり。
バッハは、パイプオルガンとChoirの組み合わせだったかな?
Nice pictures, and you KNOW you will get some referentialism from West Side Story...no matter what shot of a building in an old city neighborhood at dusk...a fire esacape, and etc. Well, maybe not. I was before Lincoln Center, and that was where West Side Story...the inspiriation...was from.
ReplyDeleteAside from musical teasing about plot and meaning of the day, it sounds like my young friend and former private piano student needs some " Cooking Instruction. " I think I forgot to share those clues with you, among the big Debussy Chords etc. Still friends, all you need to do is ask. I'm good for a recepie or two, three, four, or many. I picked a few things up along the way...even my wife's Mother in Japan.
I don't know about today's world, but in my younger time it was possible to be scholarly, and learn to cook at the same time. I did most of my homework in the kitchen. The only problem with that is that I am not fond of beets and brocolli, in my older age. If we are what we eat, as the saying goes, I should be either red or green by now. I love a greasy hamburger, every so often, or I think I am dying.
Nevertheless, I have some good recepies for you...newer cook. Don't be shy to ask...even though your recepies sound great. Ha ha. I have a Rice Cooker that plays Schubert. Do you have pots and pans that play Morrell? Don't be shy.
Hope you like the " youtube " music I send randomly. I kind of like the Brubek version of " Somewhere " from West Side Story...and remembered your blog pictures. Artistically, I think it matched your picture of a fire escape...not really on the " WEST SIDE " where Bernstein got his inspiration, and Lincoln Center now is...but nevertheless real and fine.
Lovely blog, lovely pictures. Glad to participate.