クレアと再会!

今晩はクレアと会ってきました!私は前もって二日休暇をとる予定で、彼女は春休みでニューヨークに来るという予定で会う機会ができました。

コロンビア大学の近くにあるA Café (973 Columbus Ave, between 108th St & 107th St)でクレアの彼氏と三人でディナーをいただきました。すばらしかったです。フランス料理と西インド諸島の料理を組み合わせ、しかもオーガニックの材料を用いるレストランです。



中は非常に薄暗く、壁にはクールな女性がソファーに寝そべり、足元にくまさんのぬいぐるみを置いた場面を描く、妙な油絵が掛かっていました。レストランに入った瞬間に流れていたのがサイモン・アンド・ガーファンクル。ここは私にぴったりかも!と思ったらその通りでした。

お豆腐 と アルファルファ付きの野生キノコのラグーを頼みました。味はトリュフ・オイルのおかげかまろやかで、上の層になっていたアルファルファと下のクリーミーなラグーの触感の組み合わせがとても楽しかったです。

デザートはクレアとHungarian Pastry Shop (1030 Amsterdam Avenue)でチェリーのシュトルーデルを二人で分けました。話題は仕事場の事、将来へ向けての計画、続けたい習い事や磨きたいスキルなどでした。三月は仕事と私生活で忙しかった一ヶ月でしたが、今晩は最高に落ち着く締めくくりでした。

クレア、会ってくれてありがとう!次は五月かな?またまもなく遊ぼうね!二人ともやりたいこといっぱいあるけれど自分なりに精一杯がんばろうね!

I met up with Claire tonight! I had been scheduled to take two days off work, and she was in New York on spring break, so we had the perfect opportunity to meet.

I enjoyed a lovely dinner with her and her boyfriend at A Café near Columbia. A French Caribbean restaurant offering organic cuisine, it was just superb.

The interior was extremely dimly lit and on the wall hung a bizarre painting of an elegant woman sprawled on a sofa with a stuffed bear at her feet. Simon and Garfunkel were playing the moment we stepped in. I suspected it was the place for me, and oh, it was.

I had the wild mushroom ragout with tofu, Caribbean beans, and alfalfa sprouts. It had a smooth, rich flavor—thanks to the truffle oil, I think—and the play of textures—the crunchy alfalfa as the top layer and the creamy ragout underneath—was really interesting.

For dessert, Claire and I headed to the Hungarian Pastry Shop, sharing a cherry strudel. We talked about work, possible plans for our futures, hobbies to continue and skills to cultivate, etc. This month was a very busy month for me in both the professional and private spheres, but tonight was the perfect, supremely calming ending to it all.

Claire, thank you so much for coming out to see me tonight. See you in May, hopefully, in just a short while! We each have so many things we want to work toward, so let's tackle them and keep at it, as we feel is best!

Comments

  1. 正俊てす。素敵な日々を過ごしていることが、よくわかります。岩手は、まだ、雪が降ったり、強い北風が吹いたりと、春の足音が、まだまだ聞こえません。震災で、仮設住宅に住む人たちのことを思うと、天に祈りたくなります。

    ReplyDelete
  2. コメントありがとうございます。お元気ですか。震災の一年後を皆さんはどんな気持ちで迎えたのでしょうか。もしよかったら聞かせてください。

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No words

Reading list